How to apply for Child Support Grant
Minister Zulu said that all caregivers of orphans should know that the Child Support Grant Top-Up is available at all SASSA offices for them to apply.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY FOR:
A) Office Admin Jobs
B) Retail stores vacancies
C) General worker Jobs
D) Cleaning vacancies
E) Jobs WITHOUT grade 12
F) Government Jobs
Apply for Sassa CSG R480 Child grant increase to R720. If you receive the child support grant, you may be eligible for an increase of R480
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The primary care giver must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- Both the applicant and the child must reside in South Africa.
- The applicant must be the primary care giver of the child/ children concerned.
- The child/children must be under the age of 18 years
- The applicant and spouse must meet the requirements of the means test.
- An applicant can not apply for more than six non biological children.
- The child can not be cared for in state institution.
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) will be increasing the Caregive Child Support Grant (CSG) from R480 to R720 per month, in order to better support struggling caregivers.
The move comes after cabinet approved the policy in 2015, and minister Zulu noted that it was important to mention that the additional R240 is not a new grant.
The Child Support Grant Top-Up will enable orphans to receive a higher value child support grant from the government. This policy change will come into effect on June 01, 2022, with the approval of the Minister of Finance.
The ‘Top-Up’ is an extra amount of R240 that is given to those who supplement the standard Child Support Grant amount of R480. Only relatives caring for an orphaned child can apply and receive the Child Support Grant Top-Up of R720 per child per month