DivisionHospitalsBusiness UnitIntercare Hazeldean Day HospitalMinimum experience
Mid-SeniorCompany primary industryHospital and HealthcareJob functional area
Health Care Provider
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY FOR:
A) Office Admin Jobs
B) Retail stores vacancies
C) General worker Jobs
D) Cleaning vacancies
E) Jobs WITHOUT grade 12
F) Government Jobs
Intercare is a dynamic healthcare company focusing on offering value-based healthcare to patients. As ambassadors of the Intercare brand, everything we do is guided by our purpose to make people feel better. Our shared values of People-centred, Integrity, Inclusivity, Compassion, Excellence and Innovation define what we believe and who we are.
Intercare Hazeldean Day Hospital situated in Pretoria East, is recruiting for an Enrolled Nurse (Anaesthetic). The purpose of the position is to assist in surgical procedures by setting up the room before the operation, assisting the anaesthetist during surgery and preparing the patient for the move to the recovery room.
- To function as part of a team under supervision of a registered nurse.
- Prepare all the necessary instruments & equipment with regards to anaesthesia.
- Work alongside the anaesthetist, providing instruments, medicine & other materials as required, and be able to anticipate their requirements.
- Promotion of health and safety & responsible for ensuring that surgical instruments, equipment & swabs are accounted for throughout the procedure.
- Undertake the ‘circulating nurse’ role where required, preparing the environment & equipment needed for the operating theatre list.
- Record information about each surgical procedure/operation.
- Ordering supplies of equipment / medicine and liaise with the Sterile Services Department regarding equipment & instruments.
- Cleaning of theatre, checking of equipment & ensuring use of sterile technique to maintain sterility throughout the procedure.
- Prepare the patient for recovery room & complete documentation.
- Minimum requirement: Grade 12
- Diploma/Degree in nursing leading to qualification as Enrolled Nurse
- At least 2 to 3 years’ proven anaesthetics experience in a theatre environment
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- SANC registration as an Enrolled Nurse
If your personal purpose is aligned to our purpose and your values fit in with our value system, please apply. We encourage Diversity of Thought, and we welcome people to build and add to our culture.
CLOSING DATE: 23 January 2022
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date please regard your application as unsuccessful.