Facility Life Faerie Glen Hospital
Position Catering Assistant
A vacancy exists for a Catering Assistant in the Catering Department of Life Faerie Glen Hospital situated in Pretoria. The successful candidate will report directly to the for the Catering & Services Manager.Critical Outputs
- Prepare meals for all staff, patients and Doctors.
- Co-ordination and preparation of patient menus, patient diets and all therapeutic special requests e.g. salads, deserts etc.
- Work at the conveyer belt during serving time.
- Serving and portion control.
- Prepare night shift freezer and check that items are fresh and up to date.
- Assist in setting up for functions.
- Stock control, stock issuing and stock receiving.
- Quality control.
- Supervision during food preparations.
- Hygiene and safety.
- Budget control.
- Meal preparation.
- Be able to work shifts
- At least 2 years experience in upmarket establishment
- Some industry experience would be an advantage.
- Be able to work and function independently.
- Pleasant, hard working and honest personality
- Teamwork and dedication.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to handle every situation with a positive attitude.
- Strong leadership and trustworthy.
- Must have interpersonal skills and be accurate and systematic in your work capabilities.
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.